Translate

Monday, February 22, 2016

30 Day Coloring Challenge Day 22 Pirate Treasure Map Card

     Hello there.  I am excited to finally try to make the pirate treasure map card posted by Sandy Allnock.



     
     I downloaded the path outline.  I tried three times to trace it and failed miserably so I just printed it out and cut it.  It wasted the other 3/4 sheet of cardstock but thankfully it was just Georgia Pacific card stock from Walmart.  I had these dimensional pirate stickers left over from another project (purchased several years ago at the Dollar Tree) and I knew they would be perfect for the treasure map.  I then adhered the card front to a #110 Neenah Solar White card base.  
     My nephew turns 5 next month so I thought this would be perfect for him.  I almost wish I had more pirate stickers for my other nephew who will be 4 this summer (different relative's child), but he loves cars so I think I will turn his into a road or race track instead.
     I had to create the background map but I did it just like Sandy so it was easy.  The map was my coloring for the day.  I may have to get the same stamp set she used though because I like this idea so much.

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from seeing your cute Pirate card at The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Ch. I like Pirate things especially since I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. You can see JD as CJS Pirate sketches and other such things on my blog sidebar if interested in browsing. Have a BEE-utiful day!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you really do love Captain Jack Sparrow! I visited your blog. Your daughter is so talented. Thank you for your comment to my Pirate Treasure Map card.

      Delete
  2. Perfect card for a child. Love all your characters. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete