Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hershey bar snowmen (UPDATED Nov. 21, 2014)

I made these hershey bar snowmen last year and need to make more this year.  It's perfect for tucking in a gift bag with a gift card and Christmas card.  (I hate giving gift cards and nothing else.)

I got the idea from  kerryspapercrafts.com.

UPDATE 
Here are some notes that might help you. 
  1. I learned to make this from kerryspapercrafts.com but she no longer has a website.   (The free design from Laurie Furnell has also been removed.)  I have seen other versions on the web though so try searching for snowman hershey bar wrapper freebies. 
  2. Printing the appropriate size:  I found that if I click on the snowman wrapper image in my computer files, it comes up in Windows Photo Gallery. ( I use the 1.55 oz candy bar sized image.)  I click on print and then in the new window that pops up I make the following selections:
  •  It should automatically come up sized as LETTER 8 1/2 by 11 inches.  If not, please change it.
  • I select BEST for photo quality.
  • I select PREMIUM PRESENTATION for paper type since that works well with cardstock.
  • On the right side are images of photo sizes.  I select the 5X7 in (2) size.
  • At this point it only shows one image on the paper preview.  Change the number of copies at the bottom of the pop up window to 2.  Wait a second and the second image pops onto your paper preview.
  • I select the little box to the right of the copies that says "fit picture to frame".
  • Print it out  (You might want to try it first on scrap paper to be sure it works for you).  See below for how to finish up the wrapper portion of your Hershey Snowman.
    3.  Cut the card stock in half at 5 1/2 inches between the 2 images.
    4.  Cut the bottom of the images off about 1/2 to 3/4 inch below the bottom coal button image.
    5.  Cut the height of your image to 5 3/4 inches.  It should be 5 1/2 inches wide and 5 3/4 inches tall.
    6. Score your images 1 1/2 inches in from each side edge.  This is where it will crease when you wrap it around your candy.  It isn't necessary but I find it significantly helps me center my image if I do this first.  I hope this works for you!

PS.  You can make about 21 outfits for your snowman with 1/2 yard of fabric, so feel free to use that as a guide for how much fabric to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment