Translate

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Black and White Thinking of You card.

     Here is a black and white Thinking of You card I made using Operation Write Home sketch #80  and a Handmade by Paula Sentiment.  The colors of the sentiment guided my choice in papers.
     The black paper is a little narrower than the sketch because it was my only piece of black, but it still works here.  It is dry embossed with the Sizzix diamonds pattern and the felt heart was from a package I picked up at JoAnns last Valentine's day.  I think it might have been by Darice.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! The red layer in the heart and the red ink in the sentiment are fabulous! I pinned it for CASEing, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my black and white thinking of you with red heart card. The sketch number is 80 if you want the exact measurements. I think my smaller black paper was 1/2 inch narrower than recommended but it still worked.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty card. Love that black and white checkered paper. It makes a fabulous back drop for the rest of your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my black and white thinking of you with red heart card. The black checkered paper is about 10 years old and the last of my stash. Don't know where I got it but I've used it in several masculine cards and it works great for them.

      Delete
  3. Your card is a great take on the challenge, and I love how you added the pop of red with that little heart! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the checked paper and terrific use of the sketch. Nice rounded corners and I really like that heart! Great card, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! The heart ties things together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card...truly full of LOVE!!

    PS: Hoping you see this, as I'm terrible with Word Verification and often can't leave comment when people have it turned on! It's so hard to read!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice card! I like you you outlined the heart in red and the word thinking in red.

    ReplyDelete