Translate

Friday, February 19, 2016

30 day Coloring Challenge Day 18 and Couponing the New Way

     I lost my Mojo.  Ever since the emergency when I accidentally gave my cat the seizure medicine my dog takes instead of her own seizure medicine (she's fine by the way), I haven't been in the mood to color projects.  I started working on a mindless coloring page which was still nice.  It still takes me "away" but I have very little to show for it.  I put on a tv show late  (very late) at night for a few days and didn't even plan what colors would go where.  I am almost embarrased to show it here because it is just mindless coloring.
     I also have been focusing on finding the best deals on groceries.  I have every rebate app and price matching app available and am learning to use them.  I use to be an extreme coupon lady and was extremely good at it.  My best score was $100 of groceries for exactly $00.00, plus I got some shoppers rewards where coupons spit out of their machines.  That added up to another $25.00 I could spend.  I immediately put my groceries in my car, looked through my coupons, went back inside and spent it all.  My total for the additional groceries I got was awesome.  They PAID me $1.25 to haul that food out of the store.  Mostly I was paying 30% of asking price when I grocery shopped, but that visit was memorable.
     Grocery stores no longer double coupons in our area.  That darned Extreme Couponing TV show told everyone how to do it and the stores got frustrated.  I don't think they were frustrated about cost because they do get reimbursed, but people were abusing the system, copying coupons that weren't valid and the store wasn't getting paid.  It hurt all of us.
     I still get a few free items.  These week I got a free banana, tomato, grandma's brand cookies, etc.  I recently got free bath soap, lotion, etc.  Disposable razors were $0.25.  I can go to Walmart and price match everything that is on sale at local stores so I only need to shop one place for listed items and that is helpful.  I still get coupons so sometimes there are items I buy religiously that rarely go on sale and the higher value coupons are helpful.  I find some name brand items at the Dollar Tree that have coupons too.  They are sometimes free and sometimes just reduced by $0.25 but every bit helps.  Over all it is helpful but no where NEAR as helpful as double coupons use to be.
     So here is my mindless coloring for the past few days and it isn't even finished.  I think I am starting to get my Mojo back though so hopefully I can get back to creating useful things.




No comments:

Post a Comment