Translate

Friday, February 19, 2016

30 Day Coloring Challenge at The Daily Marker Day 19

     Today I pulled out the download I received  from Sandy Allnock with inspirational quotes.  I followed along with some of her suggestions for new techniques to try.

Distress inks for top two cards and Copics for bottom three cards.

          The first thing I did was use my exacto knife the way she suggested to separate my quotes.  Only I didn't do it very well and messed up three of the quotes.  See the diagonal cut on the left side that goes through the beginning of the sentiment  with the butterflies?  Oops.


     I was able to salvage two of them but the third one is toast.  

    
     That butterfly one is not the least bit salvageable as a quote.  I can probably use an oval punch to capture those butterflies but that is about it.
     I have two more quotes to work on tomorrow but I decided to turn on TV and finish coloring my coloring book page.  I will not bore you with it but it is done.
     As I was coloring and listening to the very VERY strong winds outside, a tree branch crashed on my roof right over my head and scared me.  Of course it was while I was watching a paranormal show so I kind of got a double feature in the fright department.  I am worried that this severe wind will continue all night since it has been raging for over 3 1/2 hours already.  One of our trees in front of our house has dead branches on it and I am worried that one of the branches will smash through the roof while I am sleeping.  It isn't likely because our neighbor's tree fell on our roof during an ice storm and didn't damage the house at all.  My husband and I were sleeping directly under the part of the roof it fell on though and it scared us half to death.




No comments:

Post a Comment