Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Quality Stamps

     I am so impressed with my first purchase of Avery Elle clear stamps that in addition to showing you my first project with their stamps, I wanted to share my opinion on quality stamps.

Avery Elle Balloons

     I have been so disappointed with most of the clear stamps I get from my local Michaels or JoAnns.  In particular I will never again purchase Fiskars clear stamps because they NEVER give me good results.  I am always disappointed.  The reason I need a thick stamp is because I end up getting ink on the acetate block that the stamp clings to when I ink the stamp up.  Then I end up transferring the ink from the block onto my card and ruining it.  A thick stamp prevents ink from going anywhere except the stamp.
     I am very impressed with the Gina K designs stamps I have purchased, I am pleased with the Hero Arts stamps (although one has a bleb in it that gives me inconsistent results) and I also love Papertrey Ink clear stamps.
     When I opened this set of stamps I was amazed at how thick the stamps were and after using them repeatedly I was also amazed at how well they continued to strongly cling to the sheet of acetate they came on.  Also, Avery Elle attaches the front and back of the acetate that their stamps are sandwiched between, at the top.  This means you can easily lay the acetate back down in the proper position since it is still attached at the top.
     I purchased these Balloons clear stamps because I have coveted them for months.  There is a matching die but I decided to cut them out by hand for awhile to save money.
     I hope you like my first project with these stamps.


1 comment:

  1. I can now use all my stamps with a MISTI stamp positioner. It has been a miracle tool. i rarely stamp without it.

    ReplyDelete