Translate

Friday, February 20, 2015

I Have a New Baby! Her name is MISTI.

     I ordered this beautiful girl in early January and she just arrived a few days ago.  She was on back-order.  Her name is MISTI.  (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented).  I didn't name her.  The genius lady that developed her did and the name fits.  

MISTI

     I am not a good stamper.  I don't line my stamps up well and I don't get good images.  Being able to stamp an image twice helps.  I have used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp positioner and the Fiskars stamp press and have failed at both.  Somehow I manage to wiggle things a little bit at the last minute.  Oh how disappointing.  I also have difficulty seeing images extremely clearly in order to stamp directly over an image a second time free hand.  I wear bi-focals and I think I need a new prescription.  Maybe if I just wear those drug store reader glasses with magnifying lenses it would help?
     The MISTI should help me in several categories.  Number one-I am having extreme difficulty getting my clear stamps to leave clear images.  They are so splotchy.  I have been buying better quality inks and better quality clear stamps and I heard that you can use an emery board on the cheaper clear stamps to remove the glossy coating that resists ink.  How do the stamping Diva type ladies I follow on YouTube make stamping look so effortless?  I figure I will have to double stamp most of my images to make the ink look solid and this stamp positioner keeps your project in place so it DOES NOT MOVE in between the first and second stamping.
     Second-it is suppose to help you line up your die cuts before stamping so you stamp directly in the middle of them.  I tried it today and failed.  Oh well, at least I was able to double stamp these Christmas tags to get better images.  I even tried three different brands and thicknesses of card stock today to see if that made a difference in the way the inks stamped and there was absolutely no difference.

Hampton Arts Hot Fudge Studio Clear Stamp and die set #SC0668
     
     You can see that the top tags are splotchy. The bottom tags look much nicer because I stamped them twice in my MISTI.  I used Brick Red My Favorite Things dye on the left and Aqua Mist Papertrey Ink dye ink on the right.  As you can see the bottom tags look pretty nice except the images are not perfectly centered on the tags.  I will have to work on that.  At least I got clear images.  
     Another thing I am excited about using my MISTI for is repeated stampings of cards.  I can make gift sets where the cards are 100% identical because the stamps stay in the same exact position card after card, until  you move the stamps you are using.  I will be posting more pictures as I continue to play with MISTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment