Translate

Saturday, October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day

     For Operation Write Home's World Card Making Day we were challenged to make Love cards.

Gina K Designs Heartily Yours stamp set by Nina Brackett (discontinued)


     I went through my stash and found this cute stamp set that I colored with Copic Markers.
     I wanted to make a brick wall behind it like I learned in the Online Card Classes Copics for Cardmakers class I am currently taking but my bricks would be the same color as my car.  Had I thought ahead, I could have planned a different color car so I could have red bricks.  I will still attempt the brick wall with a different color car since this card is lacking pizzaz.  
     I think a more detailed focal point would be nice-and maybe some yellow lines in the road would bring a little realism too.  
     When I posted this photo in the class, someone commented that they thought the banners on the right of the panel reminded her of flames coming out of the car.


                     


8 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the car with the flames, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this love bug Terri! Just perfect! Happy World Card Making Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card works! The primary colors and shapes work well together! Thank you for supporting OWH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the little red flags that carry on the flame theme; bright, fun card =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! That image with the pouf of exhaust is adorable!

    ReplyDelete