Translate

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Copics Day 8: Create a Card

     For today's Online Card Classes for Card Makers lesson I was instructed to make a card using some of the images we had already colored in class.

Fiskars Birthday Bash
Packages and Balloons courtesy of Sandy Allnock
     
     Ok.  You don't have to twist my arm.  Any excuse to make a card is fine by me and if my instructors "INSIST" that I make a card I must oblige.  I used a card sketch from Mojo Monday #365 called "Tall and Skinny", and images from my first day of practice sheets.
  
Mojo Monday Sketch #365



        We also learned about adding colored pencils to our Copic images and more subtle coloring tips plus nice designer tips for using our images on cards.  I haven't incorporated any of those techniques or tips yet but I plan on practicing them later today.
     The package and balloon images are from Sandy Allnock.  (Thank you Sandy!)  They are raised up on dimensional foam.  I dry embossed the banners and added matching gems (I actually had dark blue AND light blue gems plus purple).  
     The black cardstock is Gina K Designs, The white cardstock is Neenah Solar White #110.  I colored and shaded the images with Copic Markers.  The Birthday sentiment stamps are Fiskars "Birthday Bash" (a different sentiment from the set is stamped inside) and I glued bakers twine behind the balloons and package with Glossy Accents.  It is a top fold (or "Hotdog") fold card.

1 comment: