Translate

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Copics Day 9:Backgrounds - and a Purple Haired Ballerina

       For today's Online Card Classes Copics for Card Makers class we learned several ways to incorporate backgrounds into our cards. 

Ballerina  image courtesy of Kristina Werner
TPC Studio Brush Stroke Greetings

   I don't currently have some of the correct shades of markers or stamps for many of the backgrounds so this was the only technique I was able to do.  I do plan on trying all the techniques in the near future though.
      I colored the ballerina when I only had 9 copic markers and I wanted to use her on a card because she is so cute.  (See my post for day 5 of the Copics class to see her as just a colored image).  I decided to try the banner background technique for this lovely lass.  (Don't look too closely because I messed up the banner).  I still felt it deserved a spot on a card though because after all - the class is for card makers and our ultimate goal is to create cards.
    As you can see I repeated yesterdays's technique of leaving part of the image hanging over the edge of the focal piece.  I really like that effect.
     I used 2 different sizes of rounded rectangle dies to cut the focal piece and the background paper (a scrap) and glued a flower with a pearl center to the corner of the focal piece.  I rounded the bottom corners of the card and used a stamp from the TPC studios "Brush Strokes" set.
     The base card is made from Neenah Solar White card stock #110 weight and is a top fold (or "hot dog" fold) card.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on your card! I don't see any mistakes on the background either. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete