Translate

Friday, October 3, 2014

Copics Day 10 - Pen Details

     In my Online Card Classes Copics for Card Makers class today I combined several techniques on this masculine card.

Fiskars Birthday Bash
Focal Stamp is an Magenta Made in Canada Stamp


     The first technique was to add pen details.  The stamped image was rather "Sketch like" with loose edges to the boxes around the images.  I went over the image edges in black to define them more, drew squares around the printed squares, and added details to all three of the images (the fanlike effect in the circles of the mushroom, the vertical lines to the edge of the acorn cap, and the dots at the end of the veins of the leaf).  
     Then I embossed the outer edge of the entire rectangular focal piece in black.  I didn't do a good job and will need to practice that technique, but when done well, it looks very nice.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there -
    I'm doing some catching up from the class & saw your card in the gallery. Love the look of this card! I think you captured the effects they went over wonderfully! And by the way, I think the look you got with the black embossing edges is actually perfect for this card - it looks a little random/sketchy - just like the look of the images! Great card!
    A fellow classmate
    (who hasn't been on the ball enough to post anything on my blog lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. This was one of my favorite cards I made in class. I am still practicing techniques and expect to continue for quite some time until I perfect things. Don't worry about being behind since it is something you can catch up with any time.

      Delete