Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

Operation Write Home card donation



I've been busy making cards for a current Operation Write Home challenge.  They asked for half of the donation to be Holiday (Christmas primarily) and the other half to be mixed.  The donation address I am sending my cards to primarily needed the other cards to be love you, missing you, etc.  I have 62 cards total, not including 7 Any Hero cards which are cards meant for the Heros to read, not for them to send home.  These cards will be sent oversees for our fine service men and women from all branches of the military to  write home to their loved ones.  They apparently are quite taken with the quality of the cards and the extreme variety that come through, and they typically find several cards that remind them of particular people they would like to write to.



 
  I am learning a few things about lining up sentiments, (mine usually go on off center, but I was tired of cutting them out and gluing them on separately).  My sentiment on the top card (Joy) is straight, but I still need to figure out how to stamp the image centered on the card.  I had to stamp it separately, then cut it out and apply it to a different card base.

I'm not sure how often I can donate because the envelopes are kind of expensive, and the shipping charges will be hard for me, however, it is a cause I am deeply connected to.  I end up making WAY more cards then I could ever use and even if I just donate once yearly, I will be helping.

I thoroughly enjoy the Operation Write Home blogs.  I watch the videos posted by Sandy Allnock the President of the group.  She is so funny.  She occasionally gives me ideas that will improve my designs.  I downloaded 25 pages of card sketches with exact measurements of paper strips which have helped speed me up.  I'm sure there is more I can learn from this wonderful website.


No comments:

Post a Comment