Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Girl Graduation cards for 2013




     Yes I have started making graduation cards for 2013.  My daughter needed about 12 cards last year and she's going to need many again this year. Not all of her friends are girls so I need some guy ones too. 
     The digital image is from Bugaboo and was colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  I couldn't get the exact shade of green used at our high school because I don't have the full set of markers. (It should be dark green, but not this forest green that I have).  I raised the image with dimensional stickers and added a sentiment behind her.  I rounded the 2 bottom corners of the card and added on length of white corrugated cardstock to each card.  Then I added a strip of green with white polka dot designer paper from my dollar store to two of the cards, and a strip of coordinating green corrugated cardstock ruffled in the opposite direction to the third card.  2 green self-adhesive gemstones complete the card.
     One of these days I will figure out how to make black hair that looks nice, but the markers cover the details in the hair and it looks so one dimensional unless you add grey. Then the hair looks grey-yuk.  So for now, no black hair. Just blonde, light brown and dark brown.
     The double sided background paper is a few years old and was from a pack of licensed Girl Scout Paper I found at either Michael's or JoAnn's a while back.  There is nothing specifically Girl Scout oriented on this side of the paper so it works great for graduation.
     Now, if only I can get my daughter to list her friends that are graduating so I know which hair colors to use and how many guy graduation cards I need to make.  Also, what am I going to do when I run out of the background paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment