Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Card 2012

     I'm not into sending Halloween cards, but my MIL loves cards and lives in a nursing home, so I really like to have a card for each holiday for her.  She lives nearby but I like to mail them to her so she has something special to open in the mail.
     I had this card base ready to go for a fall leaf image I was going to use, but then I forgot why I had the base ready.  I decided to use it for my Jack-O-Lantern instead.  It needed a little bling and I just couldn't figure out what to do.  A full ribbon seemed too much, and a bow overpowered the image.  I decided to do three ribbon tails under the image, but having more than just the points showing used up too much card so I ended up with just the little triangle ends of the ribbons showing. 
     The digital image is from Beccy Muir and is raised with dimensional stickers.  (Beccy is a very talented Australian artist and card maker and I highly recommend that you go through her blog for inspiration).  I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and used a little of the lightest gray for a shadow around the pumpkin. 
     It is difficult to tell because of the busy background, but there is a second backgound paper applied to the base card under the bottom of the image.  It is an orange print and has a third piece of paper (green corrugated paper strip) applied down the middle.  I then rounded the two bottom corners of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment