Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cherry Blossom Birthday Cards



     I've had these cute little kimono dressed girl digital images from Angelique Kramer from the Netherlands for quite sometime.  You will find the cutest children and cat digital images on Angelique's Sliekje's Digi Stamps blog.  I finally found the perfect cherry blossom background paper to go with it when I was at Michaels this weekend. 
     I used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol ink markers to color them (unfortunately I don't have all the colors and could only do Caucasian skin tone).  I used one of the sketches from Operation Write Home and I found coordinating pink and turquoise papers.  I heat embossed a background pattern on one of the squares using versamark for a tone on tone effect.  I made a mistake and used versamark ink on multiple images before embossing.  It dried a little before embossing which made an incomplete image in some areas.  I learned from my mistake though and did it correctly when I heat embossed the white sentiment.  I then raised the girl image using dimensional stickers and added a single self-adhesive pearl accent to the lower right corner to complete the card.
     I finally feel I have done the image justice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really happy about the black hair color. I have to figure out a better way to make it look nice.

    ReplyDelete