Translate

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Silhouette Cameo helps me with my coloring

My Silhouette Cameo helps me with my coloring AND my cutting.  I have to prevent using my hands as much as possible with my arthritis, and as a crafter it makes me have a very sad face.  I gave up knitting and crochet and I really miss it.  I can only color for a little while and cutting creates problems faster than just about anything.

I am SOOOO excited that I figured out how to scan a colored image into my computer as a jpeg, then import it into my Silhouette studio software.  It took some figuring out but I was able to create six images per sheet, then create a cutting file for one of the images.  I had to duplicate that cutting file, then manually line it up with each image, but that wasn't too hard.  (There has to be a way to duplicate the image AND the cutting file at the same time, but I haven't figured it out yet.)

This photo is intentionally awful.  It is beautiful in real life, but I adjusted it to make it not attractive and difficult to duplicate a nice image from..  The artist can be found at di's digidownloads.  She has the CUTEST images.  Because I am showing a full page of her artwork that I have colored, I did not want the image to be available to print and sell which would be piracy of her artwork (and if I do say so myself, of my beautiful coloring job using Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers.)

The marks in the corners of the page are registration marks which helps the machine line up the image with the cutting file.  Here is the result of the cutting.





I originally forgot to set my printer for a high quality photo image so this one isn't saturated as well as it should have been, but the other ones are GORGEOUS!  I can make these into gift tags for goody bags for my daughter's upcoming birthday, make cards, etc.   OOOOh, I just had the best idea for making a Silhouette SHAPED card with this image.  I will try and let you see if it turns out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment