Translate

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Beautiful Bees Stamp Set


 This card is made with the awesome stamp set designed by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs called Beautiful Bees.  My sister is a bee keeper so I just had to have it.  This is the first card I made with this set and while I am not happy enough with it to give it away (the honeycomb is lined up very messily) I am very happy with the design of it.  I would like to try this again.  It may work better to stamp the honeycomb hexagons individually then cut them out.  That would allow me to space them more evenly.

I had a few very sloppy areas in the honeycomb-one of which is hidden by a sequin, then I decided to add 2 more sequins.  I tried covering up the other messy spot of the honeycomb with a sequin but it was too close to the other one and didn't look right.

I used Hero Arts Ombre dye ink in the color "Butter Bar to Orange Soda" as well as my trusty Gina K Designs Black Onyx dye ink.  The layers were cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 dies.

I will try to remember to post a picture when I finally get around to making a better version of this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment