Translate

Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Stamping Village Happy Birthday Collaboration Stamp Set



I love this collaboration stamp set that has images provided from multiple stamp companies.  I purchased it several months ago but finally got the chance to play with it.  

I had an old 6 x 6 paper pack (birthday themed) that I paired with it.  I cut the larger layer 3.5 inches by 5 inches.  I then cut down the biggest left over piece of the same patterned paper to 1 1/2 inches by 5 inches.  That allowed me to utilize most of the paper on 2 separate cards.  I mixed and matched several of the papers throughout all of these cards.  I also took several more of the left over pieces and made my own background design on one of them. I really like to get as much use from my papers as possible.


I picked out 2 copic marker colors that coordinated with the multicolored papers and used them throughout all of the cards.  I stamped one image in each of the smaller rectangles then minimally colored them.  One of the stamps was a "And Many More" stamp which is stamped inside the 3 cards that say Happy (or Hoppy) birthday.  I used the "Sending Birthday Wishes" stamp inside the other cards.  The only stamp I did not use on these juvenile type cards was the "Happy Birthday with love" one by Gina K Designs.  It has hearts all over it and just reads more mature to me.  I will make an adult card with that one.



The cards seemed a little "flat" in design to me so I added wink of stella to all the colored images and I also added a line of gemstones to the cake image card.  It seemed more teenage in design to me and definitely for a girl.  Now they all look good.  I have 11 nieces and nephews that are baby to high school age.  I also have 4 adult nieces and nephews but that's another story.  These cards can go to the family with 5 children and I don't have to worry that I sent the same card to more than one child in the family.  That is a relief.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment