Translate

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Plaid Bear Tracks Quilted Throw using the Accuquilt Die Cutting System

I just finished this throw sized quilt for my adult nephew who had a tough year and loves the color red.  I used the Accuquilt Block on Board for the Bear Paw or Bear Tracks quilt design.

The block on board die systems have every shape you need for the pattern, all arranged on one board.  I put 4 bear tracks together to make the larger block designs.  I decided to use plaids to make it more masculine.  I didn't have enough plaid fabrics so I supplemented with some other red fabrics I already had.  

I found the absolute perfect fabric to add to the back. It even had plaid bears with the identical buffalo plaid that I used in the design.  I tried a flanged binding for the first time and I really like the way it breaks up the monotony of the black border and binding.

I am so pleased with how this turned out and my nephew is in LOVE with it.  He even wanted to know exactly how I pieced the front together so I showed him how there are little triangles that are cut out and sewn together to make squares and then the little pieces are sewn into bigger pieces and batting is put in between the front and back and it is quilted so it doesn't shift, then a binding is sewn on to finish up the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment