Translate

Saturday, December 5, 2020

My First Baby Quilts

 





I made 2 baby quilts last month and had a blast.  I had fabrics that I had no plans for using and I thought I could make a baby quilt out of it.  Most of my fabric stash is made up of fat quarters up to about 1/3-1 yard cuts.  This makes it ideal for baby quilts.

I used my Accuquilt die cutting machine to cut 5 inch charm squares of white and 8 different prints with pink in it.  I put a pretty pink floral on the back and used the same fabric for binding.  I used a simple crosshatch quilt pattern for quilting because as long as my corners all matched-which they were very close-I could quilt without even marking the quilt top.  I am hanging onto it until I have a need to make a baby quilt.

Prior to this quilt I made another baby quilt from various blue fabrics in a 9 patch pattern..  I tried stitching in the ditch but since it was my first attempt at making a quilt top, my corners didn't match at all and my straight lines ended up zig zagging all over the place.  I decided not to do stitch in the ditch in the future since a crosshatch design is easy and turns out very nice.  That quilt will eventually go to a charity.



This is my cow quilt.  The gray looking squares are actually the words 'moo' written over and over again.
The back is white and the binding is white and again I used the crosshatch no marking quilt design that is so easy to do.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment