Translate

Friday, June 10, 2016

Copic Jumpstart lesson 7

Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea by Julie


     The lesson of the day was flowers.  I use to color each petal as individual shaded circles or ovals.  With the hydrangea however I looked at hydrangeas at the store and preferred the ones with yellow centers.  Initially I colored the two bottom ones and really liked them, but for class I experimented and colored another set identically, except I added the complementary color around the edges to shade, then went over them with the initial color.  Just a tiny bit of complementary color shows here and there around the edges and it also darkens the color.  I think I prefer it even though I really like the inital way I did them.  I guess I just need to continue to do them multiple ways since every way seems to be good.  (Sorry that the images on the left are blurry.  I'm not sure how that happened.  A light box is on my wish list but will probably take a year or two until I can afford one.)

3 comments:

  1. It's fun to be able to experiment with all kinds of combos, isn't it? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandy, the experimenting is really fun. Then I ask people for their favorite combos that I have done and their favorites are different than mine, so they all seem to work!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete