Translate

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Copic Jumpstart Color Combos

   
Traced Balloons from Avery Elle Balloons Dies

     Our homework for the day was to stamp multiple images and use different types of colors (warm versus cool) to make some images recede and some jump forward.  We also saw examples of  monochromatic, analagous, complementary, and triadic coloring.  I didn't have any stamps that would work for the homework so I used a set of balloon dies to create a possible card front.  First I traced the balloons, making sure to tuck some behind each other, then I colored them with analagous colors.  That is the look I am most drawn to.  
     I wish these were stamps because I don't have that thick outline to help keep my balloons perfectly even on the edges.  Some of my coloring goes outside the drawn pencil lines.  I couldn't have used my multi-liner to trace though because even with pencil, my dies wiggled and I messed up my tracing from time to time.  A copic multi-liner would have made a disaster if that happened.  Even though I don't have the nice black outline and my edges aren't perfectly smooth, I think I might be able to make this into a cheerful card for one of my young nieces or nephews.

3 comments:

  1. You are too hard on yourself. I think the balloons look fine without the black line! Looking at them on my computer screen, I like the "no line" appearance... maybe it's a bit different in person. My hand is not steady enough to trace images even if they HAVE a black line (unless it's very bold) so most of the time, I have to leave the original stamped line around the image... so I know what you mean. Class is great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jeanne. I do love all the color concepts were are learning. I always wondered why some of my cards turned out great and some didn't, and now I think it was because I accidentally chose good color combos on the good cards and clashing combos on the not great ones. This will help me so much going forward.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete