Translate

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Copic Jumpstart Lesson 6

Doodle Pantry Finny Fish

     Today in class we learned to draw long and short fur and add scales.  I do not like the look of drawn on fur.  Unless it is done by an artist (which I am NOT) it tends to look contrived.  Therefore, I searched for a digital image to apply scales to.  I had alligators and dragons, but they already had circles drawn on them where the scales should go, so I decided to use this fish instead.
     I made several of these in different colors.  As I was coloring them I saw how they looked in three different stages:  Plainly colored with no shading (boring, but how I use to color), Shaded but no scales (how I have been doing things for a few years now) but next to the ones with scales, it was still ho-hum, and then this shaded with scales.  It is definitely an improvement.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh Terry, how can you say you are not an artist. This Goldfish is lovely and the colors make it agile and animated. Which colors did you use?
    Hello from the German Class Member
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sabine. Thank you for the encouragement. The colors were my experimental ones that became my favorites for yellows: Y02, Y17. and V01.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found some improvement - I love open stamps that I can add a little something to with markers :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete