Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Don't Throw Your Flubs Away

     I just salvaged a card front that I didn't like.  I made a background that I liked but the gold sentiment I stamped on it was crooked and ruined the card front.  I was going to throw it away but then I saw a sketch that used multiple sizes of circles.


Sketch #250 from Operation Write Home.

     I was inspired to die cut several circles from the nice part of the background.


Sentiment is from Hampton Arts Ki Memories Greeting

     I dry embossed lines every inch along the front of the card and the sentiment fit pretty nicely between the lines.  I'm not happy that the ribbon shows the circle shape underneath it.  Other than that I really like the card.
     I think there is a lesson to be learned here: salvage what you can when you mess up a card front whether it is just a terrible smudge or an idea that didn't work out.  Die cut what ever shapes you can from the salvageable parts and use them in a new way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Terri!

    Great interpretation of the OWH Sketch -- and wonderful way to salvage a previous attempt. Think we've all been there and tried to do that.

    Thanks so much for playing along with our OWH Sketch Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete