Translate

Friday, March 6, 2015

Splitcoast Stampers Virtual Stamp Night I Treasure You

     Here are some cards I made for the Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoaststampers.com. The theme was I TREASURE YOU.  The first challenge was titled TREASURED HOSTESS.  I cased (used another person's card for inspiration) a card from the suggested gallery and this is what I came up with.  I don't think I am allowed to post her card though.  I am calling it "LOVE YOU BUNCHES OF BANANAS".

Mama Elephant Basic Borders
WPlus9 Winter Woodlands
Fiskars All Year Greetings

     The second challenge was titled SCAVENGER HUNT.  There were so many requirements for this card that it stifled my creativity.  I don't really like this card that much but I managed to meet all the requirements of the challenge: Distressed neutral layer, metal embellishment, soft item like a ribbon, stamped image of something found on an island, dry embossed colored layer, AND doodling.  I don't like my doodling, distressing or forcing the stamped image to go with the card, BUT here it is and it is called BEACH DRAGONFLY:

Inkadinkado Sand Dollar

     The next challenge was called TREASURED FURRY FRIENDS.  This was very easy for me and came together quickly with the supplies I had on hand.  The dog image was already colored and cut out, I had the perfect sentiment and the frame was already die cut.  I just added some low profile adhesive metal gems and it was done.  I call it THINKING DOG.



     The last challenge of the night (there are more tomorrow) was called X MARKS THE SPOT.  We were directed to a technique page showing how to stamp an outline image and overlay part of it with a colored version of the same image.  I didn't have any outline stamps but did the best with what I had and felt I met the challenge.  I would have preferred to have had a better stamp that was truly just an outline, and lots of time for some beautiful copic coloring instead of the very basic job I did but I only had an hour and it was the best I could do in the time frame.  I call this BEST WISHES ON THE SPOT.  After I submitted this card I had comments about my 3D flowers, only they were just colored with Copic Markers on paper.  The only thing 3D about them is the pearls.  Guess I'm getting decent at realistic coloring.

Hero Arts Decorative Birds (Retired)

     Everyone was on the honor system to complete their cards within the one hour time frame.  They said that the hour didn't need to count toward rounding up your supplies, but because the challenges came directly on the hour I really wanted to keep up, and I was able to post my cards just before each new challenge came up.  They do allow you work on them throughout the weekend as long as you promise not to take more than an hour and you can post them throughout the weekend also.  I met the challenge though and got them all done, including rounding up supplies, within the hour limit.  I had fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment