Translate

Monday, March 16, 2015

Stamped Acrylic Block Technique

         Splitcoaststampers had a "Try a New Technique" challenge last week and they featured the Stamped Acrylic Block technique.  If you are unable to access the tutorial, you will need to get a free membership to the website.  It is worth the effort just for the tutorials.  I ended up loving this technique.


Papertrey Ink Mum's the Word

     Actually the technique isn't new and I tried it a few years ago with regular ink.  Distress Inks sprayed with water make a nice effect don't you think?  You can do multiple colors on each background too but I think it works better with re-inkers, which I don't have.  I tried it with my mini-distress inks and it came out as blocks of color which was okay, but not what I was going for.
     I tend to obsess over everything I like and I could easily play with this technique for days.  Hopefully no more than a few days though because there are challenges I would like to participate in.



     These are my favorite two cards so far.  I made another one that I didn't like as much so I'm not bothering to post it.  It is still a nice card and I think all three will be going to Operation Write Home.
      My donation box for Operation Write Home is almost filled!  It is huge.  I can't wait to ship it.  It makes me so happy to know that the Troops overseas have free lovely cards to encourage them to write to their loved ones.  Their family and friends cherish the lovingly made cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment