Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 2 Of I Treasure You Virtual Stamp Night at Splitcoast Stampers

     This particular challenge on Splitcoaststamper's Virtual Stamp Night asked us to make a card using a map, and extra points would be given if it was a Pirates Treasure Map.


     I had the perfect set of stickers for this card from the Dollar Tree and a sheet of paper with a map motif I purchased eons ago from a dollar store.
     After I posted my card, someone commented that they thought is seemed like the circle with the map in it was what the pirate saw when looking through his "Spyglass".  I hadn't planned it that way but I like looking at it that way now.  By the way, we don't really get points, it's just an expression about how happy the hostess is if you follow more specific instructions then everyone might be capable of.
     I named this card Special Birthday Treasure.  Surprisingly the only stamping I did was on the inside which was a birthday greeting.


     The instructions for the next challenge was to make a card that showcased a memory.

Inside sentiment from Barnyard Puns says It's Past-ure Birthday


     My brothers and I would visit our Great Uncles Farm every Saturday during the summer when we were growing up.  Our favorite thing to do was to climb into the hay loft, then jump into the very high loose straw on the ground level just below.  The mice would scurry the first time someone jumped but stayed away after that.  It was probably dangerous but we never got hurt and had a lot of fun.  I made this card to go with that memory and I call it Barn Raising Memories.  



     We were next challenged to create an Easter Card and if we could manage to place an Easter Egg on it we would get extra points.  

Joy's Life Barnyard Puns
    
      I had a plain blue egg shaped die cut that I added washi tape to in order to make it look like an Easter Egg.  I experiemented for the first time with a stencil and distress ink (boy should I practice-not a good first attempt) and I really loved the shape of the stencil for the Easter theme.  I call this Easter People.

     The next challenge of Virtual Stamp Night had us use a front door on a card and extra points would be give if we put a welcome sign on it.  

Fiskars All Year Greetings
   
     I had nothing to use for this and had to find clip art.  I love this clip art though and feel as if this should be the front door to my front door if you know what I mean.  It's called My Ideal Welcome Door.


 
      For our next challenge we were asked to use spring flowering bulbs, and if we could use tulips we got extra points.

Fiskars All Year Greetings 
      
     I kept this card simple with large block silver heat embossed letters and a tulip sticker.  I call it Simply Love.


     The last challenge of Virtual Stamp night had us cover part of our card in glitter.  

Inkadinkado Sand Dollar
Clearly Besotted Beautiful Friend
   
     I do not like glitter so I used Wink of Stella Shimmer on the orange flowers.  It doesn't show up in the picture though. This card is meant to appear to be a vision seen from behind the treeline when looking at the ocean from a tropical island.  It is called Glitter Me Stella.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment