Translate

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Copics Class Day 2

     Here is my homework for day 2 of the Online Card Classes Copic Markers for Card Makers class.

Bird Image courtesy of Hero Arts

     I'm really not happy with the blending on my birds because I didn't have a good selection of markers. That being said, I don't think it is awful.  Tip to tip blending kind of worked for me.
   
Butterfly image courtesy of  WPlus9
     For the butterflies I tried the acrylic block AND the acetate blending methods.  I much prefer the acetate over the acrylic block.  For some reason I can get more ink to come out on the acetate than on the acrylic block.
I really am not good at feathering.  I look like I'm doing it, but the color doesn't fade at the end.  I prefer the traditional acetate blending butterfly over the rest.  By the way, for the feathering technique we were suppose to start OFF the butterfly and blend into it, then cut the butterfly out afterward if we were going to use it.  That's why it looks so messy.  It's part of the technique.
     Today I learned that I can get by with just a dark and light shade of each major color which is a huge relief to my pocket book.  I just might pick up a few more markers.  They are hard to find in my area and the store that I finally found them at only had about 16 colors, most of which didn't have 3 markers in the same color blending group.  Now that I can create my own middle shade out of a light and dark marker, I have more colors to select from at this tiny store.

No comments:

Post a Comment