Translate

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Scrappy Dog


     I made this card entirely from scraps.  I had this adorable scrap of background paper already cut out, just waiting for the perfect time to use it.  I believe the paper is over 10 years old.  I made the dog when I took the Online Card Classes Copic class several years ago.  I had the little rectangular white banner from a few years ago when I cut up a lot of my left over white scraps.  The butterfly is fairly recent because I made several of them about a month ago and there were two left.  The flowers behind the dog were in with a bunch of flowers I stamped and cut out several years ago.  Even the blue and black framing pieces were already cut out.  I had to round the corners on one of them, but the other one was already rounded.  
     I don't usually do cutsey cards, but this will do nicely for one of my nieces or nephews!  I then added a white gemstone the the dog's collar to bring it up a  notch.  I may go back and put some enamel dot eyes and nose on him, but I have had a habit of messing those up and I don't want to ruin my card.  Maybe I will just use a marker to darken those.

No comments:

Post a Comment