Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pretty Peonies by WPlus9

Pretty Peonies by WPlus9 and Hero Arts Happy Mother's Day
     This is my first project for this year's first 30 Day Coloring Challenge hosted by The Daily Marker.  Some days I will just be coloring a larger project for 10 minutes, and other days I will be able to not only color something, but turn it into a card as well.  I pre-stamped over 30 card fronts, however, some are duplicates of each other so I can make sets of cards or try different color combinations.  This is the first year I am prepared with pre-stamped card fronts so I am hopeful it will mean more completed cards, and less partially completed coloring.
     I used the following stamps: Pretty Peonies by WPlus and Hero Arts Happy Mother's Day which may have been discontinued, because I was not able to locate it online.
     I used the following colors for my leaves and orange peonies.  (The color is washed out in this photo, so you need to take my word for it that the flowers are a deeper orange).  Copic Markers: Y17, YR14, Y02, YG63, YG03
     I also used my MISTI stamping tool, memento tuxedo black ink (for the flowers and leaves) and Gina K Designs Black Onyx ink for the sentiment.
     Then I finished it off with a few irredescent plastic sequins glued down with Ranger Multi Medium Matt.
     I rounded the corners of my card front with the We R Memory Keepers Cropadile Corner Chomper (1/4 inch side), adhered it to an heavy weight A2 black card base using GinaKDesigns Black Onyx Pure Luxury card stock, and put a white insert with rounded corners inside for a place to hand write a personalized sentiment.  I used Georgia Pacific Cardstock for my white card front and the insert because I find personally that I can get the best copic blending on it (it is what I learned on) and I wanted the insert to match perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment