Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Playing with my Silhouette Cameo

I figured out how to weld and subtract shapes using my Silhouette Cameo electronic cutter.  I have had this particular design of card in mind for several years and was finally able to cut it out.  As a bonus, I printed the letters J O Y in the 3 circles that were going to be cut away, so I was able to use those letters in my design.  The negative image in those circles is also cool, and can be used on a different project.

This was my first attempt with decorating this design but I expect to do a few tweaks to it over the next few days to see if it looks a little better.  My daughter absolutely loved it though so maybe it is fine just the way it is.

You  can't see it but there is a dry embossed line the width of the card over the top rhinestone.  I think I might just dry emboss a design on the entire front piece of cardstock as opposed to the one line.

I used paper from a 12 x 12 set of Christmas double sided papers from KC&Co designed by Susan Winget.

No comments:

Post a Comment