Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ornament Gift Box

I am making several of these ornament gift boxes for my sister-in-law who hand paints ornaments for Christmas.  The inserts come out so you can actually make these just as gift boxes if you prefer. 

I learned to make them from this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE89A5OmHX0&playnext=1&list=PL2650A4DCA7F15FC7&feature=results_main  by stampinhands.  I used double sided heavy paper from KC&Co designed by Susan Winget.  I love that there is a different design on the outside of the box, than the inside.

I created boxes with small, medium, or large holes to hold the ornaments because my sister-in-law paints all three sizes of ornaments.  I guessed at the hole sizes, but they worked out perfectly.  I used 1.75", 2", and 2.5" holes  The ornaments don't move around in the box when the box is handled.  The box is bigger than needed for the smallest ornaments so I will eventually play around with the size to figure out a better sized box.  The box size is perfect for the medium and large bulbs though.


No comments:

Post a Comment