Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Splitcoaststampers Virtual Stamp Night-Here Comes the Sun Challenge

     I participated in this challenge 1 day late.  It started on a Friday but I wasn't able to participate until Saturday.  Instead of participating in "Real Time" like I did in the past, I participated in it after the fact.  I have until tonight (Sunday) at 10pm to post all my cards to their gallery but I don't have enough time to complete the challenges in time.  This is what I was able to complete this weekend:


Turn Up the Heat challenge MAR16VSNC

     This card uses Hero Arts Dotted snowflake stamp with versamark ink and clear embossing powder, Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist for the sentiment (TPC Studios Brush Stroke Greetings) on Papertrey Ink Aquamist card stock, some coordinating ribbon I found some place (maybe Michaels?) and clear gemstones.  I tried a new technique on the die cut snowflake called multi-color embossing.  I masked the outer edges of the snowflake then applied versamark ink so I could use silver embossing powder.  After removing the mask and heat embossing it, I used my versamark pen to just apply versamark to the outer edges, then applied gold embossing powder and heat embossed it.  I really like the tone on tone effect with the pop of metallic shine in the center.

Made for Sunny Days Challenge MAR16VSNE

     For this card I created a serene scene at the beach using Papertrey Ink Aquamist Dye ink sponged on for the lake, Neenah Desert Storm card stock for the card base and stickers found at Dollar Tree.  I used Gina K Designs Black Onyx ink for the sentiment from Gina K Designs Ruby Reprise stamp set.

Give me a Head of Hair challenge MAR16VSNK

     Here is another Whimsy Stamps Jenny has the cure image.  (I have posted a few recently).  I used memento ink to stamp Jenny and Gina K Designs Black Onyx ink for the sentiment.  I colored Jenny with copics and used a bright yellow dry embossed scrap of card stock in honor of the Here Comes the Sun theme.  I also used stickers from Dollar Tree.  I like how the bright yellow makes it cheerful.

Round and Round Challenge MAR16VSNA

     This was my first attempt at making a circle card.  I made the card easily enough however I'm not sure when I will ever use it.  It was fun to try a new technique though.  The stamp is Stampalicious Bugaboo Poppi Cocoa  I also stamped the dotted background with Papertrey Ink Polkadot basics and Gina K Designs Moonlit Fog  Dye ink.  I die cut the scallop and scrap paper circle, then copic colored the edges of the scallop to coordinate with the copic colored mug.

Brighten the Grey challenge MAR16VSNH

     This is a simple card made for the color challenge of using grey with a pop of yellow.  I only have one background stamp and this is it.  I REALLY could use more background stamps.  This card would have been very boring without a background stamp.  The Stampabilities Faded Text background hopefully fades into the background though.  I used stickers from Dollar Tree and made a grey banner for the sentiment from TPC Studios Brush Stroke Greetings, using Gina K Designs Black Onyx dye ink.  I really like this color combo and saw many nice cards made with the combo at the Splitcoaststampers gallery. 

Sun Symmetry Challenge  MAR16VSNB

     I used the spirelli technique for the scalloped circle behind the heart.  I wrapped it in twine.  I have a paper doily behind everything and a scrap of red striped paper.  The heart was paper pieced with scraps and stamped in Gina K Designs Black Onyx dye ink using Simon Says Stamp Locking Hearts stamp set.  I also used large and medium red gems as embellishments.  The base card stock is Gina K Designs Black Onyx and the paper pieced heart was applied to Georgia pacific card stock before being die cut with Your Next Stamp's Scrapwork's mini sunburst die set.

Brand New Challenge MAR16VSNL


     I used this stamp and sentiment for the first time today.  I always thought it was the cutest thing but I never used it.  It is from Gina K Designs Heartily Yours stamp set, using Gina K Designs Black Onyx dye ink and Prismacolor colored pencils.  I used a copic marker to color a clear gemstone pink to add as an embellisment then glued a pink twine bow to the lava lamp.  The white focal piece is Neenah Solar white 110# and the base is left over from a long time ago.  The scrap patterned paper is likewise old enough that I'm not sure who makes it but I recall purchasing it from JoAnns individually.

Sunshine Box challenge MAR16VSND


     This is one of the Paper Nest Doll stamps I showed in a previous post during the recent 30 day coloring challenge.  She was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink then colored with copic markers.  The sentiment is from Gina K Designs Ruby Reprise and stamped with Gina K Designs Black Onyx dye ink.  Two days ago I opened a box of chamomile tea and found this beautiful yellow gold pattern inside.  I immediately knew  I would be using it for a card, however I hadn't planned on removing all the tea bags so soon so I could use it for this challenge.  I then used Martha Stewart Daisy Wreath stickers because they remind me of Chamomile flowers.  The base card stock is Neenah solar white 110 #.  The image is stamped on Georgia Pacific which is the cardstock that works best for me when using copics.  It helps me conserve ink because it is thin and saturates quickly.

We'll Sing in the Sunshine challenge

     This is another image and sentiment that I hadn't yet used from Gina K designs Heartily Yours Stamp set.  I stamped it in Gina K designs Black Onyx dye ink and colored the birds with Prismacolor pencils.  I embellished it with a pearl and musical note stickers.  The white focal piece was die cut with stitched rectangle die cuts, and the gingham background scrap was also die cut from the same stitched rectangle set.  The base cardstock is Neenah Solar white 110 #.

No comments:

Post a Comment