Translate

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Repeat Stamping - Wishing you a Speedy Recovery

     I don't have anyone to send this card to currently but things do come up suddenly don't they?  It is helpful to be prepared.


Clearly Whimsy Stamps "Get Well Soon"

     I was inspired by this video by Kristina Werner.  I just love her.
     I used the following inks:  Mama Elephant Pigment ink-Buttercup, Gina K Designs Dye ink-Moonlit fog,
Colorbox Pigment ink-Cranberry, Colorbox Pigment ink-Lavender, and Papertrey Ink Dye ink-Aquamist.
     I used 3M foam mounting tape to attach the card front to the card base (Papertrey Ink Aquamist card stock).  Unfortunately after all that work of lining up all the stamping (my MISTI came in REALLY useful for this one), I pressed the right edge of the card front down and smeared the Cranberry pigment ink on the "Y" of the word Recovery.  Boy was I irritated.  I know pigment ink takes longer to dry. I stamped the red when I first started making the card.  It had been over 30 minutes!  I do know that red inks are notorious for bleeding.  I have to wonder if that also applies to red inks and makes them slower to dry?  The lavender stamping was done in pigment ink and was done last, yet it didn't smear at all when I pressed the card front down on the edges.
     Oh well, I am still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment