Translate

Sunday, March 6, 2016

I was able to help a school with my cards.

     Yesterday I took a trip to my Mom's house and brought a standard sized gift bag FULL to the brim with cards I had been saving.  (I went through all my favorite cards that I had been saving for several years and realized that my style had changed and it was time to pass most of the saved ones on).
     My Mom is a volunteer at a Christian private school and likes to gift my cards to the teachers from time to time to lift their spirits and she also has a secret pal there that she is able to bless with my cards.  I was told the teacher just loves my cards.
     I suspected that this bundle had way too many cards for her to use since once a year I bring quite a few cards to her to use for the school and for her personal needs.  (I just left my yearly bundle with her a few months ago).  I thought she would pick a few special cards out and give the rest back to me.
     To my surprise she was delighted to keep them all.  I didn't realize that next month is the annual school raffle and they need donations to raise money for the school.  She has never been able to help out by donating anything and was excited to package up several baskets of cards for the raffle.  I had planned on finding some place to donate the unwanted cards, but to be able to help out a school financially with my cards was a blessing.  I'm a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment