Translate

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Stampafaire 2015 Unconventional Materials

     For the  Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire 2015 Unconventional Materials challenge I went to the hardware store for supplies as instructed.  I purchased key bands for .97, twine for .87 and an electrical wall plate for .97. We were on a very restricted budget!  (Thank goodness).   I envisioned making a window with the wall plate but it took up most of the card so I couldn't use it.  I also brought home a few paint chip samples.

Rubbernecker Tangled Kitty stamp set,  Hero Arts Merriest Christmas Wishes stamp set (retired)

     I used a paint chip sample to give the illusion of a wall, I cut a triangle of card stock and glued the twine on it to make my tree, then I glued the key bands on for ornaments.  I colored the kitty with Copic markers, fussy cut it, then glued twine to the cat where the electrical cord part of the tree lights were.  I used glossy accents on the tree lights and on the star on kitty's head.  I used some electrical tape I had at home for the tree trunk.  
     Pretty good considering it was unconventional materials-don't you think?

2 comments: