Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sweet Sixteen Card

     My second daughter just celebrated her 16th birthday.  I made her a card but it didn't say sweet sixteen on it.  I made it in bright colors since that is appealing to most teens.  I had a birthday stamp set and had just watched a video about a new technique I wanted to try out using the balloons.  I also had a birthday paper set I wanted to use.
   

Fiskars Birthday Bash
Mojo Monday #287 Sketch

     The details of the video and supplies used for this card are at the end of this post.  Basically, I double stamped the balloons after removing part of the second color.  That gave the balloons more depth.  (Notice there is more color at the bottom and part of the right side of each balloon- and it isn't a matching color.)  I've never been able to line up my clear stamps to do a second stamping on top of the first one.  I always mess up. This time I noticed that if I lined up the little dots inside the balloon the second time I stamped, I could keep them in line with each other.
     When I double stamped the balloons I still couldn't get the ribbons below them to line up for a second stamping so I rubbed the ink off the ribbon, double stamped just the balloons, and free-handed the ribbons.  I'm not particularly happy with the look of the free hand ribbons but it is better than if I had double stamped them.  Also I had originally intended to use the balloons paper in the vertical rectangle and the Happy Birthday pink paper for the half circle, but I messed up and did it backwards.



    Techniques and supplies used:
     - I used Mojo Monday sketch number 287
     -"Two tone stamping" by Jennifer McGuire  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pG0mdTNwXc
     -Three gemstones (they don't look like gemstones in the photo, but I used three blue gemstones)
     -Three coordinating papers from DCWV's 6x6 inch "The Birthday Wishes Stack"
     -Neenah Solar White cardstock for card base (hot dog fold) and image panel
     -Dimensional adhesive to raise the balloon panel with mat
     -3M Scotch Tape Glider and tape
     -Fiskars "Birthday Bash" clear stamp set
     -Blue balloon = Craft smart blue washable ink with MementoCottage Ivy dye ink (green)
     -Reddish balloon = Memento Tangelo dye ink (orange) plus craft smart Brick Red dye ink
     -Pink balloon = Memento Rose Bud (pink) dye ink plus craft smart Red pigment ink
     -Corner Rounder
     -3 inch circle die or punch
     -Black felt tip pen

No comments:

Post a Comment