Translate

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter cards for my daughters.











     This card is for my 17 year old daughter.  The yellow stripe "paper" is actually the backing to a package of stickers.  I really liked the print and pre-cut it to card size to use at a later date.  I used a paper doily, sheer orange ribbon bow, some flowers and pearls.  The pastel plaid paper border to the right of the image and the blue card stock is old and I don't know who makes it. I raised the main image but chose to directly adhere the greeting to the raised piece.  I distressed all the papers and card stock a little to help keep in theme with the old time feeling of the print.
















     This card is for my 16 year old daughter. I love the edge die cut but unless I leave it connected at the edges, it just cuts out a loose border.  I mostly prefer to have decorative edges attached to my mats so I chose to leave the bottom edges plain to keep the edging attached  I applied three pearls and raised the greeting.  The pink polka dot paper is Recollections brand from Michael's and I am very pleased with the thickness of the paper. The solid papers are unknown brands of card stock.
     For both cards I used Neenah Solar White card stock for the card bases and I downloaded Microsoft Easter themed clip art for the images.  While I was in Microsoft Word inserting the clip art, I created several greetings in a 16-18 sized font then cut one out with an oval punch and created a banner from the other one (which was too long for my punches).
     Both sketches are from Mojo Monday.  (#259 and 160).  I apologize for the spotty lighting on the cards.  I still don't have a perfect set up for photographing my cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment