Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Birthday card for my brother


     Here is the birthday card I made for my brother this year.  I like how it turned out.  This is the first time I have sent him a card I made so I hope he is pleased and realizes I made it.  I think the stamp on the back that says "made especially for you" will be a big hint.
     I have just started experimenting with making landscapes with ink and a brayer, and with the direct to paper ink technique.  I also added eyelets for the first time.  It is difficult to make a man's card that seems masculine enough but I think that the buttons, eyelets, coordinating bakers twine and non-feminine image did the job.  I also dry embossed the background paper with a diamond pattern for interest.  Then I added a piece of paper that I thought tied the colors together.

No comments:

Post a Comment