Translate

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Back To The Future Crafts-My Mother's Afghan Blanket . 1979

I just love this afghan that my mother made for me.  I was in my third year of college around 1979 when I rented a house with two friends.  My mother made this decorative afghan for me and I put it on a gold easy chair I had in the living room.  














When I moved home after college it stayed in our living room on the same gold chair then eventually it made it to our family's farm to decorate one of the beds (even though it is a little small for that).






It has giant tassels at each corner, a decorative fan motif and lacy details within it and along the edges.  My grandmother taught me to knit and crochet and my mother helped while I was learning so I knew my mother could knit and crochet.  I never knew how well she could do it though.  









Every time I see the afghan I think of her.  I don't know what the cut off is in deciding if an afghan is vintage or not so I will refrain from calling this vintage, but it is 38 years old.



No comments:

Post a Comment