Translate

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cute little Poinsettia Christmas Mini Tote Bag

     I just created this cute little tote bag made of card stock using a free design from Bird's Cards and my Silhouette Cameo. 

      I resized it to fit 2 entire bags on a 12x12 sheet of card stock.  After assembling the green tote using 1/8 inch double sided adhesive, I saw how gosh darned cute it was and had to decorate it for Christmas. 
     I used a Poinsettia cutting file that I thought I got from Bird's Cards but can't find anymore (maybe she no longer is offering it-I noticed many files that I previously downloaded are no longer available) and my Silhouette to cut out two Poinsettias on one sheet of 8.5 x 11 card stock, then cut out some leaves to go behind it.  No leaves were included in the Poinsettia file.
     I then cut out paper to decorate the front, back and sides of the tote using scraps from an old paper pack purchased 3-4 years ago from JoAnn's.
     I lifted the leaves of the poinsettia flower a little to make it more three dimensional, then assembled everything using a brad to keep them in place.  I used a large glue dot to attach the poinsettia to the tote, then added a glittery self adhesive dot (from the Dollar Tree) to the brad in the center of the Poinsettia. 
     I then used Wink of Stella on the Poinsettia flower leaves-note to self: next time do it BEFORE assembly!
     It's about 4.5 inches high by 3.5 inches wide which is perfect for some miniature candies or small gifts.
     I want to make several more and if they turn out just as cute I will include those images below.  The music note background paper paired with the poinsettia is so cute but because I am out of those scraps I will be playing with other papers.

1 comment:


  1. This exotic plant gets its name from the fact that the ancient Egyptians used its stems for making papyrus to write on. It grows in clumps and the smooth triangular stems can reach a height of 10ft/3m.
    Cyperus Papyrus Cyperaceae Papyrus (Paper Reed) Plant

    ReplyDelete