Translate

Monday, January 18, 2016

Creating Snow

Hello All,

     Today I was inspired by this video made by Korin Sutherland from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  Her card is gorgeous.
     I decided to use the products I had on hand for a similar card.

Tree stamps are Avery Elle Winter Woodland, and Rubber Stampede Winter Woods
Sentiment is My Favorite Things Clearly Sentimental about Sympathy

  
   My "snow" on my foreground tree edges barely shows up because there was some gray shadowing from previous ink, which means my "snow" is but a shadow.  I also didn't realize that my foreground trees look invisible because you can see the snow bank and sky through the trees.  Plus, I couldn't create a shadowing of snow in front of my background trees because it wasn't the type of stamp that would have done that technique effectively.
     I used white gel pen in the background to make little snowflakes. 
     The ink I used in the background is the only shade of blue I have and is Papertrey Ink's AquaMist.  I find it too pastel and too green for an effective sky, but it was the best I could do. 
     I felt it conveyed peacefulness and tranquility so I decided to make it a sympathy card.  When you need a sympathy card, you pretty much need it right away so it is nice to have something ready ahead of time. 
     This could just as easily be an elegant winter birthday card with the right sentiment.
     I might try this with several sunset backgrounds too.


No comments:

Post a Comment