Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Clean and simple card challenge #162


     This card was made to enter in a challenge for a clean and simple card, similar to a card that is posted on Split Coast Stampers here:   http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2014989?cat=500&ppuser=276266.
     I had a scrap of paper left that I loved and I had just been playing around with a scalloped circle, twine, and flowers to make this cute little green flower using a technique I  learned.  It seemed perfect for the scrap of paper.  The sentiment was placed sideways on the original card that they posted for inspiriation, and the long rectangle on the right side of the paper was in the original, plus there was a stem of flowers in the original card's rectangle.
     I think it turned out nicely.  I know just what I am going to use it for too.  I might have to make more cards in a similar manner.  I like the simple cards but I have a hard time coming up with designs on my own.
     By the way, these challenges are meant to get people to try new things.  They aren't contests with prizes or etc.  The prize is the card you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment